PETITION OVER REJECTION OF NOMINATION FORM

Miss Comfort Yarkor Ampadu 

THE JUDICIAL CHAIRMAN,
THE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE,
NATIONAL UNION OF GHANAIAN STUDENT’ 19,
GHANA.

Dear Sir,

I write to petition your office over what I consider to be unfair treatment over rejection of my nomination form.

I was one of the few people who picked form to aspire for a National Union of Ghanaian Students (NUGS) positions. The deadline stated by the electoral Commission was Wednesday (16th October, 2019) 12:00pm but I believe that, to every rule there are exceptions especially when it comes to the matter of life and death.

I got permission to come to Accra from Kumasi to buy the form on 11th October, 2019, after finishing with necessary documentation, I gave the form to a colleague’s who was going to come to Accra early Wednesday morning on Monday (14th October, 2019), I told one of the Co – EC (Bashiru Fuseni) of giving my form to a colleague, who would submit it to him. Unfortunately, on Wednesday morning around 8am, I heard a bad news that my colleague who was on his way to Accra from Kumasi had an accident causing his car to be in a very bad shape. Immediately, I called the Co – ECs but got none of them, after several trials, I got in touch on a phone with one of the Co – EC (Bashiru Fuseni) and I explained the whole scenario to him, telling him about the delay this might cause. At my colleague’s end, after series of police statement, health diagnosis, touring car adventure and so on, my colleague arrived in Accra using a flight at 6:45pm, he tried reaching the EC for hours but could not reach him, he left the form with someone who work at the Airport and asked him to send the form to the EC when he is reached, same as my colleague, this person including myself tried to reach the EC severally but to no avail. One of the Co – EC (Bashiru Fuseni) later sent a message to me saying “Morrow morning”. I tried his line more especially because he was the one who receive the complain about the accident from me.

The next morning which was Thursday 17th October, 2019, I tried Bashiru Fuseni, one of the Co – EC line severally but to no avail, I later got him and he later told me that, collection of the form is no longer in his hand but rather I should contact Micheal, his Co – EC,  Tinkaro (the current Union President) or One Mr Fobi. I have Micheal’s line but it was out of reach, I tried Tinkaro’s line and still date, it always not answered, I later spoke to Fobi whom asked for a police report to prove the accident, I tried my best to get the Police report from the station as an individual, though the police report is not ready but the commander refused to give it out if its ready saying, “It’s never done, we only give such reports to the company the person works for, legal team of the insurance company”. I tried my best to get pictures of the accident and even their written statements of the victims to the police station.

I am still wondering why the exception of every rule is not siding with my issue and why the union president is refusing to explain anything after one of the Co – EC (Bashiru Fuseni) stated it to me that he has no authority “now”. The development is thus a shock to me. I count very much on your sense of fairness and Justice. Attached to this letter as the accumulated evidence of the accident (Pictures and written statements)
I am therefore counting on your intervention and hope to hear from you.

Yours Faithfully
Comfort Yarkor Ampadu
NUGS Secretary for Press’19 Hopeful
0501541977

CC:
The Electoral Commission
National Union of Ghanaian Students’19
Ghana

The Central Committee
National Union of Ghanaian Students’19
Ghana

The Vetting Committee
National Union of Ghanaian Students’19
Ghana

The Media

The General Public

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big News for KNUST Students: Exam Entry Threshold Lowered to 50%!

Neglected Roads, Neglected Students: The Perilous Journey of KNUST Students Off-Campus

Archive

Show more